Our gaming areas are open 24 hours a day during the convention. This way you always have something to do, even when you get that bout of ConInsomnia. Join us in each of our rooms for some great games and awesome tournaments.
Video Game Room
You’ll be seeing my cohorts and I in the video gaming room at Fur the ‘More! We love seeing you guys have fun, but please keep a few things in mind:
1. If you need help with anything, ask staff/volunteers. We’re good at what we do, and we’re there to assist you. We’ll be the ones:
- setting up consoles
- testing controllers
- swapping games
- and all the other gruntwork that helps you guys have fun. Please don’t do these things on your own. We do appreciate wanting to help, though, but we can’t take any chances.
2. Be courteous to everyone around you.
- Be mindful of personal space. There could be a lot of people in the room, and sometimes limbs fly around rather excitedly.
- We know some games (and people) are louder than others, but please don’t increase volume to drown out the person next to you.
- Be patient, and if someone is playing something you’d like to try, politely let them know. If they continue to disregard this, please let us know.
- Handhelds (3DS, Vita, etc) are extremely welcome (especially for Streetpasses, I’ll have three on me), but please leave space at the TVs for anyone who might need to use it. We’ll get some extra chairs for you if we can.
3. Be courteous to the games/equipment.
- Nobody likes con crud, so please make sure you’ve got clean hands if possible. We’ll try to have hand sanitizer available just to be safe.
- If you have a problem with a controller or game, let us know and we’ll take care of it.
- All of these controllers belong to either staff or someone who was nice enough to lend it to us. If you plan on man-handling or damaging anything, please bring your own controller and use that.
- I’ll be giving each game a thorough cleaning before starting it up, so there is no need to blow in anything. Some consoles/games are a bit temperamental, so sit tight and we’ll do our best to get it working.
4. Public behavior.
- Please practice basic hygiene (showers, washing hands, brushing teeth, etc).
- Mind your language — I’m not expecting everything to be G-rated, but try not to flood the air with obscenities. There could be kids around.
- If you plan on bringing in food or drink, be extremely careful. We’d prefer resealable bottles for liquids, and not to set down/eat food near any games or controllers.
- If you plan on consuming alcohol, please don’t cause any issues for us or our inventory, or you’ll be asked to leave/escorted out.
Please follow those, and everything should be fine.