The convention staff are an integral part of Fur the ‘More. Without them, the convention wouldn’t happen. Anyone interested in a staff position with Fur the ‘More should keep the following in mind.
1) Treat it like you’re applying for a position at a company. We are a not-for-profit company, and while you are still a volunteer, our staff positions require a little more scrutiny than just being a volunteer.
2) Make sure you’re qualified for the position. Sure, everyone knows what the artist alley is, but if you’ve never even set foot to work in one, then how are you going to know how to run this one?
3) You may be required to undergo a background investigation as a part of our staff. Being a part of the staff is a high trust position that places you into direct contact with the public of all ages, as well as possibly with our materials and/or funds.
4) Perks and Free badges are earned for the following year. You will still need to purchase your badge the first year. Our perks include: Full access to all areas of the convention, VIP Reception, GOH Dinner, we feed you the whole weekend, our eternal gratitude, and of course the coveted T-Shirt.
5) You will be expected to work for a minimum of 20 hours over the weekend. That’s not a hard number to get, but especially if you are selected as a Team Lead, you’ll probably be busy enough to get it.
6) All applicants to the staff must by 18 years or older, legal residents of the United states (or legally allowed to travel in the US) at the time of application.
7) We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age (other than needing to be 18+ to be on staff) in the recruitment and acceptance of volunteers or staff, or in access to or operation of our programs and activities.
Staff Applications for 2015 are closed. Please consider visiting our Gopher desk at Conventions ops to volunteer during the event.