The convention staff are an integral part of Fur the ‘More. Without them, the convention wouldn’t happen. Anyone interested in a staff position with Fur the ‘More should keep the following in mind.
1) Treat it like you’re applying for a position at a company. We are a not-for-profit company, and while you are still a volunteer, our staff positions require a little more scrutiny than just being a volunteer.
2) Make sure you’re qualified for the position. Sure, everyone knows what the artist alley is, but if you’ve never even set foot to work in one, then how are you going to know how to run this one?
3) You may be required to undergo a background investigation as a part of our staff. Being a part of the staff is a high trust position that places you into direct contact with the public of all ages, as well as possibly with our materials and/or funds.
4) Perks and Free badges are earned for the following year. You will still need to purchase your badge the first year.
5) You will be expected to work for a minimum of 20 hours over the weekend. That’s not a hard number to get, but especially if you are selected as a Team Lead, you’ll probably be busy enough to get it.
6) All applicants to the staff must by 18 years or older, legal residents of the United states (or legally allowed to travel in the US) at the time of application.
7) We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age (other than needing to be 18+ to be on staff) in the recruitment and acceptance of volunteers or staff, or in access to or operation of our programs and activities.
The following positions are currently available:
Public Safety (In particular the Rangers) (10 positions)
Staff Services (Staff Suite, Staff Pool, Guest Relations) (5+ Positions)
Exhibitions (Charity helper, Artist alley helper) (2 positions)
Travel Team (going to other conventions to promote Fur the More) (open)
Fur the ‘More Television is our video marketing department. Situated as a part of our Tech division, this team is responsible for taking lots and lots and lots of video footage during the convention for use in our video releases and hopefully annual DVD’s. We will accept and review video from anyone, but this is our dedicated team. There may also be a sub-team of this department that is familiar with live-streaming and would be willing to dedicate most of the convention to sending out a video feed of our main events (when allowed) and other areas of the convention.
Fur the ‘More Travel Team
Do you go to every convention? Most of the conventions? Would you like to help promote Fur the ‘More and possibly assist attendees in pre-registering? We’re looking for individuals or groups that would be interested in bringing Fur the ‘More to other conventions. Duties would include manning a table in other convention dealers areas, responding to questions about Fur the ‘More, presenting a good public appearance, and assisting interested furs in pre-registering for the convention. We may also be interested in conducting contests or promotions as well.
If you do not see a position you are interested in, please feel free to contact our convention operations department. Otherwise, please consider being a gopher at the convention to help us out.
If the form is not visible below, then please >> CLICK HERE <<